The Energy Commission of Ghana after ending the normal registration for this year’s Nov/Dec certified electrical wiring professional examination on October 28, 2022 has extended the registration deadline for the wiring examination.
In a statement copied to AcademicWeek, the Commission said the 2022 electrical wiring professional examination registration period has been extended to Friday, November 4, 2022 with no further extension of the deadline.
The Energy Commission has said all persons interested or engaged in electrical wiring installation jobs in the country are encouraged to apply and sit for the professional examinations to get certified by the Commission.
“Regulation 7 of the Electrical Wiring Regulations, 2011 (L.I. 2008) states: “A person shall not undertake electrical wiring on premises unless that person is certified by the Energy Commission,” the management of the Commission stated.
Certified Electrical wiring examination fees
• Domestic Class: GHS 450.00
• Commercial Class: GHS 580.00
• Industrial Class: GHS 720.00
• Certified Electrical Wiring Professional-Inspector (CEWP-I): GHS 470.00
• Certified Electrical Wiring Inspector (CEWI): GHS 780.00
Mode of Payment
Applicants may pay Registration Fees at any GCB Bank as follows:
Account Name: Energy Commission – Electrical Wiring Regulation
Branch: High Street Branch
Account Number: 101130039212
How to register for Nov/Dec electrical wiring professional exams
To register for any of the four categories; Domestic, Commercial, Industrial or Inspector category
1. Visit the Energy Commission website at energycom.gov.gh
2. Click Licensing on the dropdown menu and click Electrical Wiring
3. Click on the Application form and then click on Nov/Dec 2022 Application form to download or
4. Visit the portal ghanawiring.com; follow the prompts and apply.
“The Nov/Dec 2022 Certified Electrical Wiring examination will be administered on Saturday, November 26, 2022, and November 27 for (Commercial and Industrial) at selected locations in Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi and Tamale,” It stated.
The EC says the application form may be submitted at any of the Energy Commission Offices in Accra, Takoradi, Kumasi or Tamale or at any designated regional representatives whose contacts are provided behind the application form.