The management of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has completed the 2022 normal BECE Private registration period which began on May 10, 2022, to June 18, 2022, a staff of the Council has told AcademicWeek.
In a discussion, the WAEC official said the Basic Education Certificate Examination for Private Candidates registration portal was opened the same day the non-profit-making organization commenced the examination registration
“Registration of candidates for the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for Private has ended. The closing date was Saturday, June 18, 2022,” the member of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) said on Monday.
Asked if there will be a late registration period for students who could not register during the normal period, he said the management of the Examinations Council in due course will communicate further details to the general public.
According to the African Examinations Council, only two categories of prospective candidates are permitted to register for the national examination slated to be administered at a date yet to be announced. They are;
(1) Re-sitters – This consists of candidates who previously sat for BECE but could not make the required grade(s). The candidate must provide his/her index number for the last sitting and the year of the examination.
(2) First-timers – Candidates must be 16 years and above. The candidate will be required to provide his/her date of birth during the registration.
4 subjects or more subjects … GH¢119.48
3 subjects … GH¢109.03
2 subjects … GH¢ 99.46
1 subject … GH¢ 88.14
How to register for 2022 BECE for Private Candidates
2. Re-sitters- provide index number for the last sitting and continue.
3. First-timers – provide your date of Birth and continue
4. Fill in the required security data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
5. Fill in your personal information.
6. Upload your image (a recent passport-sized photograph with a white background) and your
signature (written in blue or black ink).
7. Select the subject(s) you intend to write.
8. Print your Declaration Form for endorsement by your parent/guardian and submit same to
the WAEC office in your region.
9. Print your voucher and send it to any of the banks listed in item 19.
10. Pay the appropriate fees at the designated banks.
11. Select your Region and then Centre (where you wish to take the examination).
12. Use your PIN/Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission Notice from
25th May 2022.
Congratulations as you successfully register for the 2022 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for Private. Please do not hesitate to leave a comment if you encounter any problems. Our editorial staff will be glad to assist you.