The management of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) says it had been recording consistently low entries or registration for BECE for Private Candidates, an alternative national examination to BECE for School Candidates.
Commenting on the dip in registration for the private examination, a staff of the Council told AcademicWeek, the low entries have forced his outfit to conduct the 2022 BECE for Private and BECE for School concurrently from October 17.
“As the management of West African Examination Council has indicated, This year, two groups of BECE candidates (School and Private), will for the first time, take the examination at the same period,” the WAEC official stated.
Asked if the non-profit-making organization (WAEC) would scrap the conduct of the BECE for Private examination amid low entries, he said the management of the Examinations Council has no intention to abolish the private examination.
This year, a total of 1,132 students made up of 634 males and 498 females registered for the 2022 edition of the BECE for Private Candidates. The national examination will be taken at 15 selected centres, mainly in the regional capitals.
“The number of registered candidates for this year’s Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for Private Candidates is 6.09% higher than the 2021 figure of 1,067,” the West African Examinations Council stated in a blog post.
To be administered at 15 examination centres in regional capitals of the country, about 5 supervisors, 1 assistant supervisor and 43 invigilators will be associated with the conduct of the 2022 Private BECE for Candidates.
How to register for 2022 BECE for Private Examination
2. Re-sitters- provide the index number for the last sitting and continue.
3. First-timers – provide your date of Birth and continue
4. Fill in the required security data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
5. Fill in your personal information.
6. Upload your image (a recent passport-sized photograph with a white background) and your
signature (written in blue or black ink).
7. Select the subject(s) you intend to write.
8. Print your Declaration Form for endorsement by your parent/guardian and submit same to
the WAEC office in your region.
9. Print your voucher and send it to any of the banks listed in item 19.
10. Pay the appropriate fees at the designated banks.
11. Select your Region and then the Centre (where you wish to take the examination).
12. Use your PIN/Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission Notice from
25th May 2022.
Congratulations as you successfully register for the 2022 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for Private. Please do not hesitate to leave a comment if you encounter any problems. Our Editorial Staff will be glad to assist you.