The management of the Ghana Education Service (GES) has announced the approval for Study Leave with Pay subject areas for the 2023 academic year. The subjects the Service has said are in line with the GES Study leave with pay policy.
“In line with GES Study leave with pay policy, employees of the Service should satisfy the following conditions to qualify for the award of the study leave with pay,” the management said in a communique sighted by AcademicWeek.
Conditions for Grant of Study Leave With Pay
1. The minimum number of years to serve before qualifying for the grant of study leave with pay is 3 years of satisfactory service. A beneficiary of study leave with pay shall be bonded for the number of served at the institution plus 1 year.
2. An applicant ( staff of GES) who has served in a designated area for 2 years may be eligible for consideration for the grant of study leave with pay.
3. Non-professional graduate teachers should have served at least 1 year before being eligible for any of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) courses.
4. Staff of the Ghana Education Service (GES) returning from secondment must serve a minimum of 2 years before they become eligible for study leave with pay.
5. Staff of the Service who vacate, leave the service and are re-appointed /re-engaged must serve a minimum of five 5 years before being eligible for study leave with pay.
6. A staff who does not qualify for the grant of study leave with pay in the first year cannot apply again in the second year of his/her studies. The staff must apply for study leave without pay to pursue the course.
7. A staff who is eligible for study leave with pay must have a minimum of 2 years to serve the course. For example, a staff who is 55 years and above cannot apply for study leave with pay to pursue courses that last 4 years or more.
8. A staff shall be eligible for study leave with pay subject to the following;
- Good conduct and performance
- Recommendation by immediate supervisor.
Application for Study Leave With Pay
1. Applicant should obtain an application form from the Metro/Municipal/District Education Offices
2. Applicant should complete application forms (4 copies), attach certified true copies of certificates
3. Applications should be submitted to the applicant’s Regional Director through the Metro/Municipal/District Director/Head of Institution (2nd cycle).
4. The Regional/District Directors should ensure that the list of fully qualified beneficiaries reaches the Acting Director, Human Resource Management and Development (HRMD) GES headquarters by November 30, 2022.
GES approve 2022 study leave with pay subjects
|Visual Arts (GKA, Creative Art, Sculpture)||30%|
|Guidance and Counselling||30%|
|Vocational Education (Clothing, Textile, Catering, Hospitality Management||30%|
|Fashion Design, Management in Living||30%|