The Ministry of Education (MoE) says it has taken note of the issue which is making it difficult for 2022 BECE graduates who were not automatically placed in any second-cycle school to choose a school at the self-placement portal.
A spokesperson for the Education Ministry, Kwasi Kwarteng in a discussion monitored by AcademicWeek said his outfit and relevant stakeholders are working tirelessly to address the technical problem at the self-placement module.
Out of the 547,324 students who sat for the 2022 BECE, he said the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) has so far placed over 69.24% of qualified students to various public Senior High/Technical Schools.
“The system was able to place about 69.24% through the automatic placement. So, what essentially it means is that for the remaining who were unable to match any of their schools, the system will not impose a school on them, because there are a lot of factors that go into making a determination into what school you will go,” the MoE spokesman said
How to do self-placement at cssps.gov.gh
1. Visit the computer school placement portal
2. Then select the check placement module on the left-hand side
3. Enter your BECE Index Number (eg. 100000000022) and
4. Enter your 10 digit E-voucher pin and
5. Enter your 5 digit pin code
6. Click on Proceed to be redirected to the self-placement module
When redirected successfully to the Self-placement module, you will be provided with a selection of schools to pick from based on the aggregate or grade you had in the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).
7. Choose carefully your desired second cycle school
8. Choose your residential preference (Day/Boarding).
9. Select your programme of choice
10. After doing all the necessary checks, confirm and print. Remember that once you have completed the selection process it can not be undone or changed