The National Teaching Council (NTC) has slated May 31, 2023, as the registration deadline for private schools to register their teachers for an onward training programme to qualify them to be issued an emergency license to teach.
The emergency license registration deadline comes after the management of the NTC held a stakeholder engagement meeting on March 24, 2023, to discuss the registration of non-professional teachers in various private schools.
“Proprietors of private schools are to register their non-professional teachers on NTC’s portal for a training programme leading to the issuance of an authorization to teach, herein referred to as an Emergency license,” It said in a statement.
Asked when the license training programme for private school teachers will commence, an official of the National Teaching Council (NTC) said his outfit in due course will communicate the date and locations to the public.
How to register a non-professional private school teacher
1. Visit the NTC portal and provide the required details
2. Check your email for an invitation by NTC and accept the innovation as “station head” by clicking on the link
3. Create a new password
4. log in to https://tpg.ntc.gov.gh as station/school
5. Click on an upload teacher list to download the CSV template
6. Fill in the template with the teachers’ information and upload the file to the portal
7. Teachers will then receive email and SMS notifications to continue the profile setup after which the proprietor makes bulk payments on behalf of their teachers. The fee per teacher is GHC250.00
The National Teaching Council (NTC) says all registered teachers will be made to go through a training programme leading to the issuance of the emergency license.