The management of the National Teaching Council (NTC) says it after an intensive education training programme will issue emergency license to non-professional private school teachers across the country to enable them to teach.
In a statement shared with AcademicWeek, the Teaching Council said proprietors of various private schools in the country are to register their teachers on the NTC’s portal to be given the training for issuance of the emergency license.
“Proprietors of private schools are to register their non-professional teachers on NTC’s portal for a training programme leading to the issuance of an authorization to teach, herein referred to as an Emergency license,” It said in the release.
With May 31, 2023, as the registration deadline, the Council says all administrators of private schools are to visit https://ntc.gov.gh/proprietors-info and follow the steps to register their teachers for the license training programme.
How to register a non-professional private school teacher
1. Visit the NTC portal and provide the required details
2. Check your email for an invitation by NTC and accept the innovation as “station head” by clicking on the link
3. Create a new password
4. log in to https://tpg.ntc.gov.gh as station/school
5. Click on an upload teacher list to download the CSV template
6. Fill in the template with the teachers’ information and upload the file to the portal
7. Teachers will then receive email and SMS notifications to continue the profile setup after which the proprietor makes bulk payments on behalf of their teachers. The fee per teacher is GHC250.00
The National Teaching Council (NTC) says all registered teachers will be made to go through a training programme leading to the issuance of the emergency license.