The management of the National Teaching Council (NTC) has opened registration for the 2nd phase GTLE (Ghana teacher licensure examination). Applicants can register for the licensure test on its website https://exams.ntc.gov.gh.
In a communique sighted by AcademicWeek, the National Council said the deadline for applicants to register to partake in the national examination for teachers is Monday, July 31, 2023, with no further extension of the closing date.
The GTLE is to enable qualified teachers to acquire a professional licence and prepare teachers to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards of possessing the minimum knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibility for the licensure examination
1. All Prospective candidates who hold a Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of becoming professional teachers.
The candidates are to apply online at exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form for the licensure examination.
2. All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2021 or before qualify to write the examination at a Centre of their choice.
3. Candidates who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination but were unsuccessful in some papers may register to re-sit.
a) Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ 350.00 to register for the examination.
b) Candidates who are re-sitting a paper are to pay GHȻ 150.00.
c) Candidates who are re-sitting two (2) papers are to pay GHȻ 210.00.
d) Candidates who are re-sitting all three (3) papers are to pay GHȻ 350.00.
According to the management, payment for the registration can be made at any branch of Prudential Bank Ltd nationwide or with Mobile money Payment can be made through the short code *772*51# across all networks
For banking payment, It has entreated prospective candidates to notify the bank as fresh students, re-sitting one, two or three papers.
How to register for 2023 teacher licensure exams
• Take the Pin and Serial No. from the Bank after payment.
• Log onto exams.ntc.gov.gh
• Enter your e-voucher Serial no. and Pin
• Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
NOTE: NTC will not accept any request for a change of photograph after the examination.
• Review the information provided and submit.
• Print a Summary of the inputs made.
• Read the examination regulations and tick the tick-box before submission.
“Candidates should keep their Pin and Serial numbers secured after registration for the examination for further use after the examination. Completed application forms should be received online no later than November 18,” It stated.
Slated to be administered from September 13 to September 15, 2023, the management of the National Teaching Council has advised candidates not to wear a formal dress with no bathroom slippers and a baby at the examination centre.