Citing Education Regulatory Bodies Act 2020 Act 1023 Section 80 (1) to (5), the National Teaching Council says private school proprietors will pay GHC250.00 per non-professional teacher as an emergency or teaching license fee.
In a statement copied to AcademicWeek, the Teaching Council said an intensive training programme will be conducted for the unqualified teachers before the issuance of the emergency license to qualify them to teach as professionals.
“Proprietors of private schools are to register their non-professional teachers on NTC’s portal for a training programme leading to the issuance of an authorization to teach, herein referred to as an Emergency license,” It said in the release.
Asked when the license training programme for private school teachers will commence, an official of the National Teaching Council (NTC) said his outfit in due course will communicate the date and locations to the public.
The management of the National Teaching Council (NTC) says owners or moderators of private schools are to register all their non-professional teachers on its registration portal https://ntc.gov.gh/proprietors-info/ before May 31, 2023.
How to register a non-professional private school teacher
1. Visit the NTC portal and provide the required details
2. Check your email for an invitation by NTC and accept the innovation as “station head” by clicking on the link
3. Create a new password
4. log in to https://tpg.ntc.gov.gh as station/school
5. Click on an upload teacher list to download the CSV template
6. Fill in the template with the teachers’ information and upload the file to the portal
7. Teachers will then receive email and SMS notifications to continue the profile setup after which the proprietor makes bulk payments on behalf of their teachers. The fee per teacher is GHC250.00
The National Teaching Council (NTC) says all registered teachers will be made to go through a training programme leading to the issuance of the emergency license.