After wrongly citing Action Secondary Technical School in a list of schools caught engaging in syndicate cheating during the 2022 WASSCE, the West African Examinations Council has apologised to the authorities of the school.
In a statement shared with AcademicWeek.com, the Council said “the school that should have been named in the alleged case of syndicate cheating was Madina Senior High School and not Action Secondary Technical School.”
The apology comes after the non-profit-making organization (WAEC) in its second update on the conduct f the 2022 WASSCE for School mentioned Action Secondary Technical School, Madina in a list of schools it said were cheating.
“The Council deeply regrets any embarrassment caused to Action Secondary Technical School (ASTS) as a result of the error,” the management of the West African Examinations Council said in a press release after releasing the results.
Following a request from the Ghana Education Service, it also said the results of 8,486 candidates who failed to return learning support materials supplied to them and/or destroyed school property cannot check their results online.
“Students who sat for the 2022 edition of the WASSCE for School are to visit the official WASSCE result checking portal https://ghana.waecdirect.org to check their results and not https://eresults.waecgh.org,” a WAEC official has said.
How to check 2022 WASSCE School results online
1. Visit the WASSCE result portal
2. Select the Type of Examination (WASSCE).
3. Select your Examination Year (2022).
4. Enter the Serial Number found on the Voucher.
5. Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Voucher eg. 012345678912.
6. Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. (This is to ensure that your examination information is correct)
7. Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.
A total number of 422,883 candidates made up of 203,753 males and 219,130 females from 977 schools entered the examination. A total number of 2,818 (0.67%) of the candidates who registered were absent from the examination.
The Ghana version of the international examination (WASSCE for School) which commenced on Monday, August 1, 2022, with the Visual Art Project Work options ended on September 27, 2022, with ICT Paper 3 Practical.