The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) following the release of the 2022 WASSCE for School results has issued a disclaimer indicating the results currently accessible only at https://ghana.waecdirect.org are provisional.
A disclaimer on a student who sat for the 2022 edition of the WASSCE for School result sighted by AcademicWeek.com stated “the result given are provisional. The final results are those which will be printed on your certificate.”
But explaining the disclaimer to AcademicWeek’s Editorial Staff in a discussion, an official of WAEC said the released 2022 WASSCE results are accurate and not fake as claimed by some students and members of the general public.
“This year’s West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) results that have been released online at https://ghana.waecdirect.org are genuine and not fake or will be changed later as widely speculated,” he noted.
For some 8,486 prospective students who sat for the Ghana version of the international examination, the WAEC staff said their results have been blocked at the WASSCE result checking portal https://ghana.waecdirect.org.
“The decision was taken by the management of the Council at the request of the Ghana Education Service. such candidates failed to return learning support materials supplied to them and/or destroyed school property,” he said.
How to check 2022 WASSCE School results online
1. Visit the WASSCE result portal
2. Select the Type of Examination (WASSCE).
3. Select your Examination Year (2022).
4. Enter the Serial Number found on the Voucher.
5. Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Voucher eg. 012345678912.
6. Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. (This is to ensure that your examination information is correct)
7. Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.
A total number of 422,883 candidates made up of 203,753 males and 219,130 females from 977 schools entered the examination. A total number of 2,818 (0.67%) of the candidates who registered were absent from the examination.