The November/December (Nov/Dec) timetable for students to sit for this year’s West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates has been released by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
The release of the 2023 WASSCE for Private Candidates timetable comes after the management of the non-profit-making organisation (WAEC) on Saturday, October 28, 2023, ended the Nov/Dec registration for this academic year.
An official of the Council in a discussion with AcademicWeek.com said his outfit continually extended the Nov/Dec registration deadline to allow prospective students who could not register during the normal period to do so.
“WAEC proactively extended registration for the WASSCE for Private to ensure no student willing to sit for the examination is disadvantaged, the registration I am not sure will be opened again since the Nov/Dec timetable is out,” he said.
How to register for WASSCE for Private
According to the management of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Nov/Dec applicants or candidates are required to capture their fingerprints at designated internet cafés to commence registration.
1. Visit the Nov/Dec registration portal
2. Fill in the required security information data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
3. Fill in your personal information.
4. Upload your picture.
5. Upload your signature.
6. Fill in your personal information.
7. Select the Region and the Centre where you wish to take the examination.
8. Select the subject (s) you intend to write about.
9. Print your voucher and send it to any of the banks
10. Pay the appropriate fees at the bank or by visa card ONLINE.
11. You will use your Invoice Number to access your Index number and admission notice from mid-October, 2023.
Applicants have been urged to read the entire manual for registration carefully and comply with the requirements. WAEC has further advised candidates not to make payments to any person other than the designated banks only