The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) says candidates who took part in the 2022 edition of the November/December (Nov/Dec) and had their WASSCE Private results withheld are to report to its Regional offices.
In a blog post sighted by AcademicWeek, the Council said candidates allegedly involved in examination irregularities, are being kindly invited to the Regional Offices of The West African Examinations Council from 1st to 2nd June 2023.
The invitation, the non-profit-making organization (WAEC) say is to assist them in concluding its investigations into the alleged irregularities in the 2022 West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates.
“Candidates are being informed that their refusal to honour this invitation shall not preclude the Council from making a final determination on the cases,” WAEC said in the blog post adding the list of affected 2022 Nov/Dec students.
In a related development, the management of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has commenced the registration of students to sit for the 2023 WASSCE for Private also called November/December (Nov/Dec).
In a communique sighted by AcademicWeek, the not-for-money-making organization said the 2023 WASSCE for Private Candidates registration process will end on July 27, 2023, without further extension of the Nov/Dec deadline.
“Members of the general public are informed that the registration for the WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2023 has commenced. The closing date for the registration is July 27, 2023,” the Examinations Council said in the communique.
How to register for 2023 WASSCE for Private
1. Visit the Nov/Dec registration portal
2. Fill in the required security information data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
3. Fill in your personal information.
4. Upload your picture.
5. Upload your signature.
6. Fill in your personal information.
7. Select the Region and the Centre where you wish to take the examination.
8. Select the subject (s) you intend to write about.
9. Print your voucher and send it to any of the banks
10. Pay the appropriate fees at the bank or by visa card ONLINE.
11. You will use your Invoice Number to access your Index number and admission notice from mid-October, 2023.
Applicants have been urged to read the entire manual for registration carefully and comply with the requirements. WAEC has further advised candidates not to make payments to any person other than the designated banks only.