The management of the National Service Scheme (NSS) has released 12,295 nurses and midwives postings to enable them to commence their one-year mandatory national service at various accredited health facilities nationwide.
In a statement shared with AcademicWeek.com, the Ghana National Service Scheme (NSS) said all deployed nurses to start their national service are required to follow the validation process at its official website https://nss.gov.gh.
“All eligible Nurses and Midwives must log onto the Scheme’s site, www.nss.gov.gh, to check their placements and proceed to their various User agencies to endorse their appointment letters,” the Scheme said in the statement.
The Service Scheme continued that “all prospective personnel are to begin registration on Monday, June 12, 2023, and complete it at their regional offices by Friday, June 30, 2023. Please note that the service will commence on July 3, 2023.”
The management in the press statement said National Service Scheme (NSS) Regional Directors and registration officials will be on standby to assist deployed nurses who may have validation and registration challenges.
NSS validation and registration process
1. Log onto the Scheme’s website to check for placement
2. Print the appointment letter and proceed to the place of posting for endorsement of the appointment letter
3. Book an appointment online for the date and time for registration after the endorsement
4. Proceed to the assigned NSS Regional Validation and Registration Centre with an endorsed appointment letter and a valid Ghana card to complete the process.
How to check your national service postings
1. Visit the NSS posting checking portal
2. Enter your email address and password used during the registration process and click on Login.
4. Click on print posting letter
5. Your place of posting will appear
6. Save the page as PDF and print it. (Postings registration should be completed by the deadline.