The National Teaching Council (NTC) following registration and licensing of public school teachers has disclosed persons’ GTLE exemption payment covers or are exempted from payment of the Ghana teacher licensure examination fee.
In a social media post sighted by AcademicWeek.com, the Teaching Council said the GTLE exemption payment covers staff of the Ghana Education Service and Ghana Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Service.
Teachers employed before December 31, 2018, and are able to secure professional teaching certificates from a recognized institution on or before 2024 the National Council also said are exempted from GTLE payment.
It also said first degree and diploma certificate holders without certificate in education wo are employed but acquired their professional certificate on or before December 31, 2024, are also excluded from teacher licensure exams payment.
Eligibility for GTLE
1. All Prospective candidates who hold a Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of becoming professional teachers.
The candidates are to apply online at exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form for the licensure examination.
2. All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2021 or before qualify to write the examination at a Centre of their choice.
3. Candidates who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination but were unsuccessful in some papers may register to re-sit.
How to register for Ghana teacher licensure examination
Assuming you have your Pin and Serial Number from the Bank after payment.
1. Log onto the NTC registration portal
2. Enter your e-voucher Serial number and Pin
3. Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
Note: NTC will not accept any request for a change of photograph after the examination.
4. Review the information provided and submit.
5. Print a summary of the inputs made and examination regulations
Note: Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secured after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination.