The management of the National Teaching Council (NTC) has cautioned nursing mothers to sit for the last phase of this academic year’s Ghana teacher licensure examination and not to come along with their babies in the examination hall.
An official of NTC in a discussion with AcademicWeek said the move forms part of his outfit’s effort to reduce cases of examination malpractice in the teacher licensure and to enable nursing mothers to focus on the examination.
The staff of the Teaching Council also said prospective candidates to partake in the national examination for teacher education graduates dressing should be formal wear and with no bathroom slippers popularly known as ‘chalewote.’
According to the GTLE timetable, candidates in mid-September this year, will start the teacher exam with General Professional Knowledge and end with Multiple Subject Content/Single Subject Specialism on September 15, 2022.
How to check your NTC GTLE confirmation status
1. Visit the NTC examination registration portal
2. Click on ‘Confirmation Status’
3. Enter your previous school/College of Education Index number and then
4. Click on Confirm to check your status or click Cancel to abort the process.
How to register for teacher licensure exams
1. Visit the GTLE registration portal exams.ntc.gov.gh
2. Enter your e-voucher Serail number and Pin
3. Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
Note: The National Teaching Council (NTC) will not accept any request for a change of photograph after the conduct of the Ghana teacher licensure examination.
4. Review the information provided and submit.
5. Print a Summary of the inputs made.
6. Read the examination regulations and tick the tickbox before submission.
The management of the National Teaching Council requires all prospective GTLE candidates should keep their Pin and Serial numbers secured after registration for the examination for further use after the national examination.