The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) following the commencement of registration for the 2023 WASSCE for Private has entreated internet cafes to be guided by the guidelines of the Nov/Dec biometric registration.
The caution comes after the management of the non-profit-making organization approved registered internet cafes to enrol the fingerprints of applications to register for the November/December (Nov/Dec) examination.
The Examinations Council in a blog post sighted by AcademicWeel said the operators of the registered internet cafes are to charge not more than the approved fee for capturing fingerprints and uploading of photos per candidate.
“Internet café operators are cautioned not to use the registration process as a means of exploiting candidates financially,” the management of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) warned in the blog post.
According to the Council responsible for the conduct of the national examination, it will immediately deactivate or blacklist any internet cafe operator found exploiting the WASSCE for Private candidates.
It also cautioned 2021 Nov/Dec candidates not to be obliged to continue the registration process with an internet café beyond the capturing of their fingerprints and uploading of their photographs.
How to register for 2023 WASSCE for Private
1. Visit the Nov/Dec registration portal
2. Fill in the required security information data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
3. Fill in your personal information.
4. Upload your picture.
5. Upload your signature.
6. Fill in your personal information.
7. Select the Region and the Centre where you wish to take the examination.
8. Select the subject (s) you intend to write about.
9. Print your voucher and send it to any of the banks
11. You will use your Invoice Number to access your Index number and admission notice from mid-October, 2023.