Do you Want To Be A Kufuor Scholar? Learn from this article how to successfully submit an online scholarship application to John A. Kufuor Foundation to fund your Tertiary education. More than 150 tertiary students have benefited from the John A. Kufuor Foundation Scholars program, including students at the University of Ghana, the University for Development Studies, the Ghana Institute of Journalism, the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho Technical University, Ashesi University, and the University of Cape Coast.
Kufuor Scholars Program was launched by the former president in 2014. It offers mentorship and leadership coaching opportunities to tertiary students for a three-year period. Dr. Pascal Brenya has been identified as the scholarship program coordinator. According to information obtained by Academicweek.com about the Kufuor Scholars screening process and qualification criteria for selecting a scholar, the program coordinator said “It’s not just about being good in academics and being articulate. We want to shift focus from the kind of leadership where people are articulate but empty. So, we looked at a whole lot of physiological build-ups of individuals, the person’s ability and willingness, as well as Integrity,”
Eligibility Requirements for Kufuor Scholars Program
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript (First Year)
- Two (2) recommendation letters; one each from either a lecturer in your university and the other from a community leader, or your member of parliament.
How to apply for Kufuor Scholars Program
- Interested applicants must accurately complete and submit the KSP Application Biodata Form (in pdf format) with their Personal Bio data, Contacts and Educational information.
- Applicants must send the above-mentioned documents in PDF Format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘KSP Application 2023
- Attach a 4-minute Video of Poster Presentation link and a page-long concept note uploaded on YouTube.
- After a successful submission of all the required documents and link in one mail, you will receive an email, applicants who do not receive the mail in their ‘Inbox’, should check their ‘Spam’.
The video presentation should cover the following details
- Introduce yourself, mention your skills, leadership experience, passion, and interests.
- Indicate why you want to be a Kufuor Scholar.
- Indicate areas of growth or character traits you want the program to help you with.
- Indicate how the program will be of benefit to you if admitted.
Deadline for Kufour Scholars Program
To be considered for a scholarship through the John A. Kufuor Foundation Program for the 2023/2024 academic year, applicants must submit their application by November 19, 2023.