Following the release of the provisional results of students who sat for the Basic Education Certificate Examination, AcademicWeek.com has put together a complete guide to check your 2023 BECE results online with a scratch card.
Unlike previous years the BECE results were checked at https://ghana.waecdirect.org/, the West African Examinations Council says the results of the 2023 BECE for School will be checked at only https://eresults.waecgh.org.
In a discussion with AcademicWeek, an official of WAEC said a feature on the Basic Education Certificate Examination result portal to allow students to enter their Date of birth before accessing the BECE results online has been removed.
A total of 600,900 candidates made up of 300,404 males and 300,496 females registered to sit for the school examination. Out of the total number of candidates who participated in the BECE, 3,366 candidates were absent.
The 33rd edition of the national examination which began on Monday, August 7, 2023, with Social Studies and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) ended on Friday, August 11, 2023, with French (Essay & Objective).
How to check BECE School and Private results
1. Visit the https://eresults.waecgh.org
2. Enter your 2022 BECE Index Number.
3. Re-enter the Index Number to confirm it is correct
4. Select Examination type (BECE)
5. Enter Examination year (2023)
6. Enter the Serial Number on the result checking voucher
7. Enter the PIN on the result checking voucher
8. Tick the ‘I am not a robot’ box and
9. Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes but it’s worth the wait.
How to buy BECE results checker card
1. Visit this results checker portal
2. Select the number of cards you want to buy.
3. Click on the ‘Buy now’ button
4. Fill in the details by adding your first name, last name, phone number and email (please make sure to enter a correct email address as details of the results checker card will be sent to your email)
5. Scroll down and click on “Proceed To Payment”.
6. Select “Pay with Mobile Money” and enter your MoMo number.
7. Click on ‘Confirm’.
8. Approve payment on your phone by entering your 4-digit Mobile Money Pin.
After successful payment, the BECE result checker voucher details (Serail and PIN) will be sent to via Email. Please do not make the details public.