The management of the Ghana Education Service (GES) after it declared the approved study leave with pay subjects for the 2022 academic year has subsequently released this year’s postings of staff returning from study leave with pay.
In a communique sighted by AcademicWeek, the Service said eligible staff returning from study leave with pay are to visit https://gespromotions.gov.gh to access their posting at a fee of GHC 10.00 via MTN Mobile Money.
How to check your 2022 study leave with pay postings
1. Visit the Ghana Education Service promotions portal
2. After checking your posting, print out the posting details
3. Submit the details to the Regional Education Office where you have been posted before reporting to your school.
Conditions for Grant of Study Leave With Pay
1. The minimum number of years to serve before qualifying for the grant of study leave with pay is 3 years of satisfactory service. A beneficiary of study leave with pay shall be bonded for the number of served at the institution plus 1 year.
2. An applicant ( staff of GES) who has served in a designated area for 2 years may be eligible for consideration for the grant of study leave with pay.
3. Non-professional graduate teachers should have served at least 1 year before being eligible for any of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) courses.
4. Staff of the Ghana Education Service (GES) returning from secondment must serve a minimum of 2 years before they become eligible for study leave with pay.
5. Staff of the Service who vacate, leave the service and are re-appointed /re-engaged must serve a minimum of five 5 years before being eligible for study leave with pay.
6. A staff who does not qualify for the grant of study leave with pay in the first year cannot apply again in the second year of his/her studies. The staff must apply for study leave without pay to pursue the course.
7. A staff who is eligible for study leave with pay must have a minimum of 2 years to serve the course. For example, a staff who is 55 years and above cannot apply for the study leave with pay to pursue courses that last 4 years or more.
8. A staff shall be eligible for study leave with pay subject to the following;
- Good conduct and performance
- Recommendation by immediate supervisor.