The management of the National Teaching Council (NTC) after it slated Monday, July 31, 2023, to end the Ghana teacher licensure examination registration says the new licensure exam registration deadline is August 7, 2023.
A statement copied to AcademicWeek said the extension of the 2nd phase of the 2023 Ghana teacher licensure examination (GTLE) follows a petition by the Teacher Trainees Association of Ghana (TTAG) for some stated reasons.
“The National Teaching Council (NTC) wish to inform all prospective candidates that the deadline for the registration of Ghana teacher licensure examination 2, has been extended from Monday, 31 July 2023 to Monday, 7th August 2023.
The Council took this decision after careful consideration of a petition received from the Teacher Trainees Association of Ghana (TTAG), requesting an extension of the registration based on some stated reasons,” NTC said in the statement.
The GTLE is to enable qualified teachers to acquire a professional licence and prepare teachers to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards of possessing the minimum knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to deliver effectively in schools.
1. All Prospective candidates who hold a Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of becoming professional teachers.
The candidates are to apply online at exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form for the licensure examination.
2. All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2021 or before qualify to write the examination at a Centre of their choice.
3. Candidates who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination but were unsuccessful in some papers may register to re-sit.
How to register for 2023 teacher licensure exams
• Take the Pin and Serial No. from the Bank after payment.
• Log onto exams.ntc.gov.gh
• Enter your e-voucher Serial no. and Pin
• Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
NOTE: NTC will not accept any request for a change of photograph after the examination.
• Review the information provided and submit.
• Print a Summary of the inputs made.
• Read the examination regulations and tick the tick-box before submission.
“Candidates should keep their Pin and Serial numbers secured after registration for the examination for further use after the examination. Completed application forms should be received online no later than November 18,” It stated.
Slated to be administered from September 13 to September 15, 2023, the management of the National Teaching Council has advised candidates not to wear a formal dress with no bathroom slippers and a baby at the examination centre.